Plan Ahead to Get the Most Out of Your Vacation
You have spent time planning and paying for a vacation at 26 Schoolhouse. With a little bit of preparation, you can significantly boost the success of your stay.
1. Read through the Instructions on this website to see how things work and what is here. While we are always ready to answer questions, you will save time and reduce your stress level by checking the resources that we constantly update. Especially check out the Activities Section.
3. Go to Big Y grocery store when you arrive and stock up, just off the Island 79 Stonington Rd, Mystic, CT 06355, and get a selection of cheeses, and olives, and great steaks. The selection of cheeses is impressive and it is hard to go wrong. The steak selection is really very impressive. If you want to save $, when they ask for your BigY card give them 412-401-1994
4. Head over to Grand Wine and Spirits, 25 Broadway Ave, Mystic, CT 06355, and stock up on wine and cold beer.
5. Bring some insect repellent, if it is to and no wind, you will need around the time the sun is setting. There is usually some in the furnace room on the shelf
6. Avoid restaurants on Sat night. Decide how many nights you want to eat out and how many you eat at the house. Go to the restaurants if the weather is bad because you won't miss the sunset